Janet Davies: Nursing Workforce report demands solutions to problems facing the profession
Janet Davies applauds the recommendations from a cross-party group of MPs about time for breaks and handovers, pay rises and other improvements
The RCN welcomes the Nursing Workforce report that looks at problems facing the profession , and is pleased to have been able to play a key part in the Commons health committee’s consideration of the evidence.
This is the most important report on nurse staffing for many years, and we welcome the fact that it reflects so many of the concerns we have been raising for years.
Last week we learned that last year, for the first time, more nurses left the Nursing and Midwifery Council register than joined it. The most welcome of the committee’s conclusions is the recognition that...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests