Janet Davies: Join our summer of protest and voice your anger at the pay cap
If the government doesn’t scrap the cap, nurses will be driven away, costs will be driven up and the quality and safety of care will be driven down, says RCN chief executive Janet Davies
Nurses and other health professionals across the UK are joining our summer of protest, voicing their anger at the pay cap.
The level of support we have received from the public is heartening, with a growing number of people – including members of the government – understanding the need to scrap the cap.
People are starting to realise why we are protesting – the 1% pay cap is a pay cut, leaving nursing staff at least £3,000 a year worse off than they were in 2010.
No one can ignore the latest figures from...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests