Janet Davies: Happy 30th Birthday Nursing Standard!
With new technology, changing environments and workforce shortages, a lot has changed since Nursing Standard launched in 1987, says RCN chief executive Janet Davies
When Nursing Standard launched in 1987, I was working in older people’s nursing, carrying around a brick disguised as a mobile phone.
Since then, how we communicate and digest information has changed dramatically. Nursing Standard has embraced the move into the digital sphere as more and more of us are reading information online, on tablets and on our mobile phones.
It has become a hub for learning and development, covering topical events and shining a light on issues that matter to nurses.
It is not just technology that has changed, but the environments where nurses work and the intensity of the job as we deal with an ageing population,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests