Jane Cummings: Talent management programme will help develop NHS leaders of the future
Winter pressures are an opportunity for nurses to demonstrate their potential as system leaders, says England’s chief nurse Jane Cummings
Nurses and midwives face many daily challenges, particularly at this time of year, with what we traditionally refer to as ‘winter pressures’.
I know these pressures can seem constant these days, but with challenge comes real opportunity.
Health secretary Jeremy Hunt recently put out a call for action to broaden and deepen the leadership pool within the NHS. This is as a chance to demonstrate how nurses and midwives can successfully lead the transformation of care to deliver the changes we need to see on the ground.
To support this, NHS England, NHS Improvement...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests