Jane Cummings: Students are the future of our fabulous profession
Students are our future nursing leaders and will make a huge difference to the health and well-being of current and future generations, says chief nursing officer for England Jane Cummings
As the professional lead for all nurses and midwives in England, I would like to welcome you all to the nursing family and hope you enjoy your undergraduate training and future careers.
Students represent the thousands of individuals at the beginning of a rewarding career in nursing, which provides opportunities and has an impact on so many.
In May, I visited several universities celebrating International Nurses Day and talked to many nursing students. What had the biggest impact on me was their enthusiasm and commitment as they described their studies and clinical placements.
Writing this takes me...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests