Jane Cummings: Nurses need to take ownership of sustainability and transformation plans
Nurses' clinical expertise and local understanding will be crucial to the development and delivery of sustainability and transformation plans (STPs), says chief nursing officer for England Jane Cummings
Nurses can play crucial roles in developing and delivering STPs to help shape the future of our NHS.
These local plans, which have been written by NHS organisations and councils in every part of England, identify practical improvements to the way the NHS works in areas that matter most, using evidence from practice that has worked elsewhere.
These are often incremental changes to the way we work, based on what front-line staff have been advocating for years. Ideas for improvement include making it easier to see a GP, speeding up cancer diagnoses, and offering help more quickly to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests