Jane Cummings: I remain immensely proud of what we do in times of crisis
Following recent terrorist attacks and the Grenfell Tower fire in London, chief nursing officer for England Jane Cummings thanks staff for their compassion and commitment to helping those in need
Nursing and midwifery are critical professions. Staff provide highly skilled and compassionate care which I see on visits to front line services, and I remain immensely proud of what we do for those we care for.
We have big workforce issues and there are numerous factors that could affect future supply, such as changes to education funding models, overseas recruitment and Brexit.
Our European Union and international staff make crucial contributions to our health and care system, and to ensure patients receive the right care, we train about 20,000 students each year. Although we are still on track to meet...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests