If the NHS 10-year plan is to work, it must have the input of front-line staff
Nurses’ whole-system view is vital, says the NHS Confederation's Niall Dickson
Too often in the past, the NHS has ploughed ahead with plans of various kinds without any serious attempt to involve clinical staff. For example, did you or your colleagues have any input into the Five Year Forward View [NHS England's 2014 vision for the future, meant to encourage integration]? NHS England’s forthcoming 10-year plan – which will set out objectives for clinical services and the workforce – will be a test of whether lessons have been learned from previous efforts.
Ask the people working on the front line
This time we must make sure the insights and experience of those on the front line of care are able to shape the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests