Diabetes: how nurses can empower patients to achieve realistic lifestyle change
Enabling the individual to take responsibility for managing their condition means you no longer take the role of ‘fixer’
Do you work with people who have diabetes or another long-term condition?
Do you advise them about changes they should make to improve their health?
Do they take your advice?
Does everyday life get in the way of their good intentions?
Who is responsible for the health outcomes of your patients?
We discuss these issues on a course designed to teach listening and empowerment skills to healthcare professionals working with people with diabetes.
The authors will run a session in the mental health hub at the conference, to be held at Olympia in London, 29-30 October.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests