Anne Cooper: why making every nurse an e-nurse matters
NHS Digital’s chief nurse writes exclusively for Nursing Standard about the opportunities new technology presents to nursing
Technology has become an integral part of the way I live my life. Many of the services I need are now accessible digitally, and support for my type 1 diabetes is increasingly received via email.
That’s why I’m pleased NHS Digital is today (21 August) endorsing the RCN’s ‘Making every nurse an e-nurse’ campaign and committing to playing a supporting role in making that ambition a reality.
Nurses and midwives will always need to give hands-on care, but digital technology and data are creating new opportunities to change the way we deliver care in almost every setting.
Embracing new technology is a help, not a barrier, to improving patient care. It is important that...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests