Policy briefing: End of life care
In July the government announced a new commitment to improve end of life care in England in response to What’s Important to Me: A Review of Choice in End of Life Care (the Choice Review).
The Choice Review was conducted by an independent group chaired by nurse and CEO of the National Council for Palliative Care Claire Henry (see expert comment). It was commissioned by the coalition government in 2014 to provide advice on improving the quality and experience of care for adults at the end of life and for their families and carers.
Published in 2015, the Choice Review made comprehensive, costed recommendations for delivering personal choice at the end of life, including more funding for palliative and social care services to ensure that more people can die in places of their...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests