Nursing Standard podcast: nurses’ well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic
Psychotherapist and lecturer Colin Hughes on easing stress and psychological support
Nurses’ well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic is the topic of the latest Nursing Standard podcast.
Psychotherapist and Queen’s University Belfast lecturer in mental health nursing Colin Hughes talks about strategies to ease stress and protect psychological well-being.
In the podcast, he tells RCNi senior nurse editor Richard Hatchett about the importance of maintaining a solid routine and sense of purpose during challenging times.
Mr Hughes also highlights further help and support available for nurses receiving treatment for conditions such as generalised anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- RCN counselling service – make an appointment by calling 0345 772 6100
- RCN support – COVID-19 and your mental well-being
- Laura Hyde Foundation – mental health support for nurses
- Headspace app – free for NHS staff until 31 December 2020
- Nursing Standard podcast on burnout, mindfulness and keeping fit