Introducing NS Student: an online resource to improve your study and placements
Sign up for a unique collection of learning modules, articles and careers advice
A new resource to help students and newly qualified nurses (NQNs) with their education and practice placements has been launched by Nursing Standard.
NS Student is a bespoke collection of learning modules, clinical and CPD articles, news and careers articles to help users develop their study skills and confidence as they enter practice.
NS Student helps you to meet NMC standards
The microsite’s content aims to help students and NQNs to meet the requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) standards of proficiency.
For example, there is a section on person-centred care, which the NMC says must be at the heart of a registered nurse’s judgement and decision-making for patients.
‘Fantastic resource’ that can improve your study skills
RCNi senior nurse editor and former principal nursing lecturer Richard Hatchett, who helped to develop the content, said: ‘I spent many years in higher education and, of course, as a nurse, and I know that juggling placements, studies and a personal life has always been challenging.
‘This is a fantastic resource with so many elements to help students achieve the requirements of the NMC education standards and also improve their study skills. And it saves time.’
Special introductory offer for RCN members
Students and NQNs who are RCN members can try out NS Student for just £1 for the first month. Thereafter the subscription reverts to the standard rate of £4.50 per month.
What does NS Student include?
- Bitesize sections that highlight the most relevant content to expand your clinical knowledge and skills
- Full website access to all RCNi journals – including an archive of clinical and CPD articles, the latest news and practical careers advice
- RCNi Learning – access to more than 200 interactive, RCN-accredited e-learning modules to help you move from theory to practice
- RCNi Decision Support – choose from more than 100 topics to support you in making evidence-based decisions when assessing and treating patients
- A growing number of nurse and tutor videos that share study skills tips and advice for the student journey
In other news