Alternative cancer drug can reduce side effects
A chemotherapy drug used as an alternative to CMF gives breast cancer patients a better quality of life and is as effective at preventing the return of cancer, a study has found
An alternative chemotherapy drug to the usually prescribed CMF gives breast cancer patients a better quality of life and is just as effective at preventing the return of the cancer, a study has found.
Researchers at the Institute of Cancer Research in London and the Cancer Research UK Edinburgh Centre, found capecitabine resulted in fewer side effects.
The research focused on 4,391 adult patients with invasive primary breast carcinoma who had undergone surgery and were due to receive further chemotherapy to decrease the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests