Unique nursing partnership forged between UK and China
King's College London is helping to develop nursing in China in a collaboration that is delivering rich learning opportunities
When a London nursing faculty forged a learning partnership with a Chinese counterpart they probably did not expect to be discussing the benefits of using Florence Nightingale lamps to decorate a hospital wall.
But there is nothing ordinary about the collaboration between King’s College London and Nanjing Health School.
The team at King’s Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery say the exchange has been full of surprises, including decisions about the architectural and interior design for a new college.
Staff at King’s are consultants for the development of the new Nanjing Nightingale Nursing College in Jiangsu, a coastal province north of Shanghai.
Average number of nurses and
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests