Reinstate nurse training budgets and make realistic pay offer, MPs tell the government
Commons health committee's report on the nursing workforce issues sweeping recommendations, including monitoring of tuition fee changes and action on CPD funding
- RCN hails ‘the most important report on nurse staffing for many years’
- Report cautions government on linking nurses’ pay rises to productivity
- Government response urged on mature student applications and undersubscribed courses
Cuts to nurse training budgets should be reversed as an immediate way to tackle the current workforce crisis, according to the Commons health committee.
Too little attention has been given to stemming the tide of departing nurses, the influential group of MPs say in a report on their inquiry into the nursing workforce.
The committee issues sweeping recommendations to the government, including a demand that ministers ‘be prepared...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests