Parkinson’s: what you might not know about the condition
The world’s fastest-growing neurological condition is not just a disease of older people
- Parkinson’s is a complex neurological condition that progresses over time
- Most people associate it with motor symptoms but there are more than 40 symptoms and everyone’s experience of the condition is different
- Correct diagnosis, rigorous medicine management and exercise are all important for managing the condition
Parkinson’s is the fastest-growing neurological condition in the world and about 145,000 people in the UK are living with it.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests