NHS pension scheme: can you afford not to be in it?
Opting out of your workplace pension may seem like a quick win if money’s tight – but you’d be putting your long-term financial security at risk
- High living costs are forcing many nursing staff to opt out of their workplace pension
- Advice on why joining the NHS pension scheme – or remaining in it – makes sense
- Resources to help you navigate this complex and daunting subject
What were your financial priorities when you began your nursing career?
Covering your rent or mortgage, or saving for a home deposit were likely to be key concerns, as well as having money for food,
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests