New government must heed healthcare warnings, say nursing leaders
Healthcare organisations stress the need to scrap the pay cap and increase funding for health and social care as the Conservatives seek to form a minority government
The NHS is at risk of further decay unless the new government immediately heeds warnings by healthcare staff, say nursing leaders.
RCN general secretary Janet Davies leads the call for action on the NHS, after last week’s general election result left the Conservatives seeking to form a minority government with expected support from Northern Ireland’s Democratic Unionist Party (DUP).
Ms Davies warns that the health service is at risk of plunging into further disrepair if the calls by healthcare staff are ignored amid Brexit negotiations.
As the dust settles following the election result, many ministers, including health...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests