How to be a leader in nursing, whatever your role or seniority
Leadership in nursing is about inspiring colleagues to deliver the best care and improve patient outcomes, whether you are a student, newly qualified or a team leader
- Nurse leadership is vital to improve clinical outcomes and nurses should be encouraged to develop leadership skills from the start of their careers
- Leadership skills include building good working relationships, inspiring others as a role model, and being able to influence and implement policy
- Find out about the wide range of resources and programmes available to help you develop your leadership skills
It is an outdated notion that leaders are only those who manage a team, or call all the shots.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests