What’s in a #name?
Five years since its launch, the hellomynameis campaign is still promoting compassionate, person-centred care
There is a brightness in Chris Pointon’s voice as he recalls the day that the #hellomynameis campaign was born. He was at the bedside of his wife, Kate Granger, who was being treated for cancer. And it’s fair to say she wasn’t feeling wholly positive about her experience as a patient.
‘It was the 30th of August 2013 and Kate and I were talking through the day. Kate was in hospital, and there had been a distinct lack of introductions (from staff). I suppose she was moaning about it, and I just said to her: “Look darling, you need to stop whingeing or do something about it”.’
‘This is such a simple idea that makes such...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests