What it’s like training as a nursing associate
Recruits to the newest role in UK nursing reveal their experiences in a new study
- Greater responsibility and a potential route into a career as a registered nurse were factors that attracted many to the role
- Nursing associates say their experiences during training gave them a new understanding of procedures they had previously undertaken
- Despite initial scepticism across the profession, the role has expanded opportunities for the existing support workforce
The arrival of nursing associates marked a once-in-a-generation change to the UK nursing landscape.
The first cohort to complete training for nursings newest role joined the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register at the end of January 2019.
The role promised a number of benefits for individuals...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests