Violence against nurses: how workplaces can help to protect staff
What your workplace can do to help prevent and manage aggressive behaviour from patients
- How one trust is leading the way on conflict resolution training for staff, after a violent attack on an emergency department team member
- Charity Stand Against Violence calls for a ‘public health approach’ to deal with the causes of violence and its long-term consequences
- Training for healthcare professionals can potentially prevent violence, the charity argues, benefiting the NHS and the wider community
In 2019, a member of the nursing team working in the emergency department at Newham Hospital in London was stabbed multiple times with a pair of scissors.
Understandably, the incident prompted Barts Health NHS Trust to review its security arrangements....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests