Our simple, low-cost system to keep patients hydrated
A team of students devised a way to easily identify patients at risk of dehydration or on fluid restriction
- Dehydration can cause kidney injury and lead to acute kidney failure
- The Team Hydr8 innovation uses yellow lids on water jug to identify patients at risk
- The initiative is being taken up by hospitals in Sheffield and Jersey
Dehydration was a factor in the deaths of 429 hospital patients in England and Wales, according to latest figures....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests