NHS over-40s health check: how nurses can make it bigger and better
It was never just for the worried well, but now a major revamp will extend its reach
- The NHS Health Check programme is here to stay, but uptake is patchy and a review will look at how to improve it
- Some say the cardiovascular focus of the checks should be widened to encompass other non-communicable disease risk, as well as mental health
- Nurses will deliver more personalised interventions, with the option of online health checks
When he worked in front-line practice, Jamie Waterall confesses, he would not have had a clue about just how potent prevention actually is.
Now as deputy chief nurse for Public Health England, he knows only too well – which is one of the reasons he is such a big fan of the NHS Health Check programme, which is currently...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests