The leadership programme that helps you improve care from the front line
A Foundation of Nursing Studies programme nurtures nurse leaders who manage teams but still work in patient-facing roles
It’s the day after the first residential workshop session for the first cohort of a nurse leaders’ programme – and the participants are buzzing.
The 11 senior nurses from diverse clinical backgrounds and locations have just spent two days embarking on Inspire Improvement, a programme developed by the Foundation of Nursing Studies (FoNS) that encourages participants to dig deep into their own experience and values. It’s fair to say, this process can bring a lot of emotions to the surface.
‘My brain is exploding,’ admits Sian Perry, a senior sister based at the paediatric ambulatory care unit at Withybush General Hospital in Haverfordwest, west Wales. ‘As a group we gelled incredibly quickly; it...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests