How to make a ward day room a place where patient outcomes are transformed
A nurse explains how she is achieving her vision of combatting deconditioning risk and supporting early discharge
Winter presents many challenges to our patients and our acute hospital. As a senior sister and ward manager of a 26-bed mixed acute older people's ward that specialises in dementia care, I need to ensure safe, holistic care for my patients at the point of discharge. There is also a need to discharge patients earlier in the day to release the bed and support patient flow. The Dayroom to Doorstep project was the direct result of balancing these two demands.
The aim of the project was to use the day room as a resource – a space to be used to reduce patients'...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests