How to benefit from the new technologies transforming care
New IT systems, equipment and apps can improve the way nurses interact with patients and share information with colleagues. By getting involved, you can help ensure the right technology is introduced in the right way, says chief nursing information office Helen Goodman
The media increasingly covers news about ‘digital health’ or ‘health tech’, and there has been a drive for the NHS to increase its uptake of technology.
NHS England has set targets for paperless patient records by 2020, and one of the key messages in a 2016 report from The King’s Fund was that ‘digital technology has the potential to transform the way patients engage with services, improve the efficiency of care, and support people to manage their health and well-being’.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests