Election 2017: Party policies and the future of the NHS
The political parties have set out their plans for the health service ahead of the 8 June election. But are they facing up to the real challenges or just chasing your vote? And what will it mean for nurses if, as polls predict, the Conservatives win an increased majority?
Isnt this meant to be the Brexit election? Where does health fit in?
Polls suggest the NHS is one of the key areas of concern for voters possibly even more than Brexit. Labour would love this election to be all about the NHS, and has produced a raft of policies that should appeal to people working in it, including free car parking and an end to pay restraint. Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has put...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests