Celebrating nursing innovation across Yorkshire and the Humber
The latest article in Nursing Standard’s series marking the RCN’s centenary year by celebrating modern nursing roles across the UK focuses on nurses in the Yorkshire and Humber region
‘These examples of nursing innovation from all corners of Yorkshire and the Humber truly demonstrate the breadth of nursing skill, experience and leadership across the region,’ says RCN Yorkshire and the Humber regional director Glenn Turp. ‘They speak volumes about the commitment and compassion of nurses and their dedication to patient care.’
Richard Bunn is acute hospital liaison nurse for learning disabilities, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust. Since pathways for people with learning disabilities were introduced in January, there have been no failures in surgical procedures.
‘People with learning disabilities (LD) are often misunderstood because of their behavior – staff sometimes think the behaviour is a result of the LD rather...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests