What does a frailty specialist nurse practitioner do?
Find out what qualifications and experience you need, plus pay and a typical day for a nursing specialty caring for older people with frailty in the community
What is a frailty specialist nurse practitioner?
Frailty specialist nurse practitioners lead on the delivery of care for older people with frailty in the community. We have the expertise to provide proactive clinical care and advice to patients, improving their quality of life and helping to avoid unnecessary hospital admissions.
What does the role involve?
Frailty specialist nurse practitioners work across primary care networks (PCNs), caring for patients living with frailty at home, either alone or with their family.
Frailty is a common clinical syndrome in
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests