My job: palliative care children's nurse
The number of children and young people living with a life-limiting or life-threatening condition is rising, but there is a shortage of qualified nurses providing children’s palliative care in the voluntary sector.
The charity Together for Short Lives has launched a campaign to encourage nurses to consider a role in this sector to prevent any further reduction in services for this already vulnerable group.
Workforce and development manager Gillian Dickson says: ‘Our You Can Be That Nurse campaign is about shining a light on the wonderful opportunity a nursing career in this sector can bring.
‘The varied nature of the role and the opportunity to provide holistic care to the child and their family make this one of the most rewarding roles in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests