Making the move into nurse education: top tips
How rewarding roles in community nursing have helped me on a new career path
Ten years after qualifying as a nurse, I recently took up my first academic post as a nursing lecturer, in the school of health science at Bangor University.
Education was not part of my career plan until this point – it was not even on the radar. My clinical background is mostly in primary care, but while I was studying for an MSc in health science, I realised I had a passion for academia.
How I knew academia was the place for me
Having submitted my dissertation, I felt a sudden sadness that it was over. I also had a desire to inspire through education
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests