60 seconds with Macmillan nurse consultant Claire Taylor
Be courageous and put yourself forward for as many opportunities as you can, says Macmillan nurse consultant in colorectal cancer Claire Taylor
Claire Taylor qualified as a nurse 30 years ago, gaining a Bachelor of Nursing degree at the University of Southampton. A Macmillan professional for more than 20 years, she has worked in a variety a clinical posts and has also been a lecturer in gastrointestinal (GI) nursing at King’s College London. Married with two teenage daughters, she has been in her current role as Macmillan nurse consultant in colorectal cancer at London North West Healthcare NHS Trust since April 2015.
What are your main work responsibilities? My role is 50% clinical, supporting people diagnosed with cancer and developing services for those living with and beyond cancer, and 50% research,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests