60-second interview: Andrew Pace
Andrew Pace is a specialist mentor at Diverse Learners , a consultancy providing disability support and training for the healthcare sector. He works with a team of health and social care practitioners and disability specialists.
Andrew Pace: 'I enable students in difficulty.'What are your main work responsibilities?
Mentoring students who have mental health difficulties by listening, reassuring and building confidence, and supporting them to find strategies to balance their work-life-study load.How did you get your job?
I was working as a palliative care link nurse in a community hospital. When the hospital closed I moved out of community nursing to help develop Diverse Learners, which my wife Kerry had started a few years earlier.Who are your clients/patients?
Predominantly healthcare students on undergraduate and postgraduate...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests