Trauma Risk Management – the peer-led programme that prioritises nurses’ well-being
TRiM is an early intervention programme that helps nurses cope after traumatic incidents
We all know that nursing can be stressful; nurses are at risk of exposure to trauma by witnessing violence, illness and death, which can affect their own mental health and well-being.
Figures from NHS Digital show that mental health problems, such as stress, depression and anxiety, are the main reasons NHS staff in England take sick days. Burnout is also common among nurses and this affects the quality of care we can deliver.
As a registered mental health nurse and ward manager at a medium secure unit, I am proud of the job I do. But mental health nursing has some unique challenges,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests