Think before you accept or reject a job offer
Reflection can help you through all the possible outcomes of applying for a new job – including having to turn down a job you no longer want.
The stress and excitement of applying for a job has three obvious outcomes:
Not this time. After all the hard work you have put in, it can be heart-breaking to hear that you have been unsuccessful. If you learn this news over the phone, the temptation is to end the call as quickly as possible. Similarly, you may just want to delete a ‘rejection’ email and move on. However, be brave and ask for feedback on your performance. At the same time, ask yourself honestly what you think you could have done better.
As hard as it is, try not...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests