Stop trying to do everything
If you're feeling overwhelmed by competing demands, follow these simple tips to fend off panic and refocus your mind
Earlier this week I was chatting to a friend, Charlie, a charge nurse who had been on call for his hospital all weekend. He had been deeply affected by the sight of staff nurses crying in despair as they tried their best to cope with yet another relentless shift.
They're not alone. Faced with unprecedented demands, nurses across the country are desperately trying to keep going. Some risk burnout or finding themselves in a dark place where everything feels overwhelming.
Fortunately, there are things you can do and while they won't fix the NHS crisis, they can help you feel a little bit more in control.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests