Should I stay or should I go? Part 2
As a nurse you have skills and experience that are in demand outside the NHS and the healthcare sector. Mandy Day-Calder explains how to recognise your own value and make your move
If you want to move into a new role, you need to be able to sell yourself to prospective employers, and the first step in this process is knowing what you are capable of. Don't set artificial limits on yourself. You will have a wide range of skills that you can transfer to other environments, you just need to identify what these are.
In 2005 I left an acute NHS ward to work as a specialist nurse in the voluntary sector. One essential quality this new role required was to be confident in public speaking. When...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests