Passion will follow after skills
Traditional careers advice tends to focus on a passive approach to finding your dream job: pick a job listing; apply; wait for a response. Get the job, perform your duties, wait for a promotion. Wait, repeat, stagnate. But a wait-and-see attitude to career planning is rarely the path to success.
Instead, be an active participant in shaping your future. Draw opportunity to you by developing your skills.
Sometimes you can find that a series of small, seemingly insignificant decisions have led you down a particular career path that you had never intended going down.
Many people fall into a job, and years later wonder how they got there. Don’t let that happen to your nursing career. Make active decisions that will guide your journey.
Work satisfaction does not necessarily come with the detail of your job, but often from the lifestyle factors gained in your career....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests