Newly qualified nurses in primary care: making sure you get the support you need
How newly registered nurses in primary care are nurtured to get their careers off to the best possible start
The transition from student to newly registered nurse can be stressful, with the responsibility and accountability that come with being a qualified nurse among the key challenges.
Proper support and guidance in the workplace is crucial to making this transition a success, and quality preceptorship programmes are essential in ensuring newly registered nurses have the best possible start to their careers.
Structured transition that nurtures competence and confidence
Preceptorship should be a structured period of transition,
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests