My work is unique
'I am clinical nurse lead for Local Care Force, an agency that provides nurses to care homes, intermediate care units and private hospitals in Yorkshire.
My work is exciting and unique. I support agency nurses and provide regular supervisions and appraisals while they are working. Support can be delivered either face to face on site, while meeting in town for a coffee or over the telephone.
Agency nursing can be challenging and difficult. Nurses might find themselves working in areas that are short-staffed and with low morale. Medication systems sometimes vary from place to place, and local policies and procedures differ from area to area.
I try to support nurses for their assignment by establishing that they are prepped before they attend and ensuring that they have the appropriate skills to meet...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests