Minimise the stress of relocating
Moving house and starting a new job are both high up on the list of stressful life events. So how can you cope when your personal circumstances, or a career opportunity, means you do both at the same time?
When it comes to stability, security and routine, your home and your work are vital. When you change the two at once, the stresses multiply.
Unfortunately, there is no magic solution that can take away all the angst associated with this level of change, but careful planning, combined with subtle shifts in your thinking, can make the process less daunting.
Just like any project at work, the success of relocation lies in good planning, so draw on all your organisational and time management...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests