Mindfulness Part 1: How to regain your focus
In the first of a three-part series, Mandy Day-Calder explains the ‘essence’ of mindfulness
On a typical shift, do you find that your mind races with everything you have to do? Do you struggle to give anything or anyone your full attention because you are at least one step ahead of yourself? Do you ever wish you could just press a pause button, even for a few minutes?
If you answered yes to the above questions, don’t worry, you are not alone. Many health services are facing unprecedented demand, which means their staff can easily feel overwhelmed and out-of-control. You may find yourself running on auto-pilot, going through the motions but not able to concentrate on anything.
Be fully present
The origins of mindfulness can be traced back...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests