From midwife to senior commissioner – one chief nurse’s curvy career path
Diane Jones talks about the hunger for autonomy that’s driven her ambition – and how BME nurses are held to a higher standard
As chief nurse and director of quality for NHS North West London Collaboration of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), Diane Jones is one of only a few black or minority ethnic (BME) nurses in England to hold such a senior post.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests