Listen properly to win your patients’ trust
Heavy workloads and staff shortages can make it hard to find the time to sit down and talk properly with patients. But those who feel they are being listened to are more likely to take an active role in their own care, says health coach Mandy Day-Calder
I will never forget my first visit to a chiropractor. Not only was it the first step to regaining strength and movement in my back, it was the most I have ever felt ‘heard’ by a healthcare professional.
As well as gathering clinical information, my chiropractor took the time to find out what mattered to me and what I wanted out of my treatment. One of the questions he asked me was, ‘What are you not doing now that you want to get back to?’ By doing this, he won my trust and I felt...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests