How to take charge of your nursing career
Identifying your strengths and passions will help you navigate a career path that suits you
Nursing is a lifelong career with endless opportunities, but career pathways are not always linear. Having personal drive and being ready to face new challenges are essential for career development.
New roles are emerging continually in the acute, community and private sectors, with nurses involved more than ever in policy and decision-making. Some are also trailblazing research and innovation, with more nurses embarking on clinical academic careers and fellowship roles.
- RELATED: ‘ We’re creating the nursing roles of the
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests