How to optimise your health and well-being
Nursing is all about looking after patients and relatives, but if you want a lengthy and rewarding career, you also have to learn how to look after yourself, writes health coach Mandy Day-Calder
Settling into student life is exciting, yet it can also be overwhelming for nursing students who have to juggle clinical placements with academic deadlines, and balance these with social, family and financial commitments.
During your studies, you learn how to look after, and support patients and relatives. But nurses are not immune to physical or mental ill-health, and if you want to lay the foundations for a lengthy and rewarding career, you also need to look after yourself.
Identifying personal health
The trick to personal well-being is to recognise what you need to keep yourself as healthy as possible. Don’t fall into the trap of comparing...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests