Heading for retirement? Pension options and fulfilling opportunities to use your skills
There are more ways to retire from nursing than simply calling a sudden halt to your career and earning power
With around one in six nurses over the age of 55, many will be turning their attention towards retirement.
But what are the options for nurses, especially those who do not want to stop working altogether? And what do they need to know about preparing for retirement?
Your pension, if you work in the NHS
The introduction of the 2015 NHS pension scheme saw the normal pension age set at the same age as the state pension.
- RELATED: Older, experienced nurses are
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests