Has your career taken a wrong turn?
Sometimes it’s good to take stock and check you’re on the right path
While chatting recently to a former colleague – a woman who I always admired for her knowledge, professionalism and integrity – I was saddened to hear that she now feels somewhat stuck in her career.
She said she still enjoyed her job and acknowledged that she’s good at it, but as the years have passed she has watched people move on to seemingly more exciting roles and has been left wondering ‘is this it?’.
The skills you take for granted
Our conversation highlighted how ‘success’ means different things to all of us. But the most important thing, whether in your career or your personal life, is to create and follow a path that is right for you – not your colleague, friend or neighbour.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests